Hello... I'm Wendy Davies
I started to take yoga classes in 2008 for the flexibility benefits and quickly realized that yoga was so much more than just a physical practice.
Strength. Flexibility. Stress release. Confidence. Balance. Meditative. Being mindful and being present.
Then, I discovered a complimentary, simple and quiet style of yoga... Yin. And I loved it.
Yin Yoga has complimented my active Yang Yoga practice and has helped me find balance in my everyday life.
I thoroughly enjoy the yin/yang styles of yoga and I truly look forward to helping you realize what benefits Hatha and Yin Yoga have to offer for you!
Practicing since 2008 and teaching since 2013, here are my qualification:
- RYT 200-hr Registered Yoga Teacher Training – completed Sept. 2014 - Namaskar Yoga Teacher Training/Yoga Studio, Director – Kathleen Podiluk
- Skill in Action: Advanced 40-hr 5 Day Yoga Teacher Training Intensive with Natalie Rousseau – Sept.29-Oct.3, 2017 – The Doghouse Yoga Studio, Courtenay, BC
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training: 50-hr 7 Day Intensive with Bernie Clark – Feb. 2016 – Semperviva Yoga Studio, Vancouver, BC
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training: 50-hr 7 Day Intensive with Bernie Clark – Nov. 2014 – Semperviva Yoga Studio, Vancouver, BC
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training: 18-hr Module with Kathleen Podiluk – May 2013 – Namaskar Yoga Studio, Saskatoon, SK
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training: 18-hr Module with Joe Barnett – Jan. 2013 – Inner Peace Yoga Studio, Saskatoon, SK
- Bridging Yoga & Meditation: 8-hr Module with Michael Stone – April 2016 – The House of Now, Courtenay, BC
- Learn to Teach the Dragon Dance: 3.5-hr workshop with Bernie Clark – Nov. 2016- Semperviva Yoga Studio, Vancouver, BC
- Yoga Nidra: 18-hr Module with Kathleen Podiluk – Sept.2013 – Namaskar Yoga Studio, Saskatoon, SK
- British Columbia Recreation & Parks Association (BCRPA) Certification: Fitness Theory and Group Fitness – 2014-current
- Saskatchewan Parks & Recreation (SPRA) Certification: Fitness Theory and Group Fitness – 1982-1997; 2012-2014
- First Aid and CPR C
I live in Courtenay, BC with my husband, and my cat, Ginny. I love being active - walking, cycling, hiking - and in addition to teaching yoga, I also enjoy beachcombing, being in the mountains, and kayaking (one of my favorite places is Tofino, B.C.).
I am currently teaching Yoga (Hatha and Yin) at The Lewis Center.