Hi... I'm Wendy Davies
I started to take yoga classes in 2008 for the flexibility benefits and quickly realized that yoga was so much more than just a physical practice.
Strength. Flexibility. Stress release. Confidence. Balance. Meditative. Being mindful and being present.
Then, I discovered a complimentary, simple and quiet style of yoga... Yin. And I loved it.
Yin Yoga has complimented my active Hatha Yoga practice and has helped me find balance in my everyday life.
I truly look forward to helping you realize what benefits Hatha and Yin Yoga have to offer for you!
I live in Courtenay, BC with my husband, and my cat, Ginny. I love being active - walking, cycling, hiking - and in addition to teaching yoga, I also enjoy beach-combing, being in the mountains, and kayaking (one of my favorite places is Tofino, B.C.).
I am currently teaching Yoga (Hatha and Yin) VIRTUALLY.
And when things return to 'normal', you can find me at The Lewis Center in Courtenay and at The d'Esterre House in Comox.
I've been practicing yoga since 2008 and teaching since 2013; here are my qualifications:
- RYT 200-hr Registered Yoga Teacher Training – completed Sept. 2014 - Namaskar Yoga Teacher Training/Yoga Studio, Director – Kathleen Podiluk
- Restorative Yoga Level 1 - The Foundation with Tianne Allan 40hrs - March 2019 - Semperviva Yoga Studio, Vancouver, BC
- Skill in Action: Advanced 40-hr 5 Day Yoga Teacher Training Intensive with Natalie Rousseau – Sept.29-Oct.3, 2017 – The Doghouse Yoga Studio, Courtenay, BC
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training: 50-hr 7 Day Intensive with Bernie Clark – Feb. 2016 – Semperviva Yoga Studio, Vancouver, BC
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training: 50-hr 7 Day Intensive with Bernie Clark – Nov. 2014 – Semperviva Yoga Studio, Vancouver, BC
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training: 18-hr Module with Kathleen Podiluk – May 2013 – Namaskar Yoga Studio, Saskatoon, SK
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training: 18-hr Module with Joe Barnett – Jan. 2013 – Inner Peace Yoga Studio, Saskatoon, SK
- Bridging Yoga & Meditation: 8-hr Module with Michael Stone – April 2016 – The House of Now, Courtenay, BC
- Learn to Teach the Dragon Dance: 3.5-hr workshop with Bernie Clark – Nov. 2016- Semperviva Yoga Studio, Vancouver, BC
- Yoga Nidra: 18-hr Module with Kathleen Podiluk – Sept.2013 – Namaskar Yoga Studio, Saskatoon, SK
- British Columbia Recreation & Parks Association (BCRPA) Certification: Fitness Theory and Group Fitness – 2014-current
- Saskatchewan Parks & Recreation (SPRA) Certification: Fitness Theory and Group Fitness – 1982-1997; 2012-2014
- Standard First Aid with CPR C-AED