Hi... I'm Wendy Davies
I began practicing yoga in 2008 for the flexibility benefits
and quickly realized that yoga was so much more than just physical. Strength. Flexibility. Stress release. Confidence. Balance. Meditative. Being mindful and being present. Then, I discovered a more passive style of yoga.
Yin Yoga. And I was hooked.
Yin yoga has complimented my overall yoga practice and has helped me with my active, everyday life. I thoroughly enjoy the yin/yang styles of yoga and I truly look forward to helping you realize what benefits Yin Yoga has to offer for you!
A yoga teacher since 2013 and a fitness instructor for over 17 years, here is my credentials...
* RYT 200-hr Registered Yoga Teacher - September 2014 (Namaskar Yoga Teacher Training, Director - Kathleen Podiluk)
* Yin Yoga Teacher Training: 50-hr 7-Day Intensive Teacher Training with Bernie Clark (November 2014 and February 2016; total yin yoga TT - 136 hours)
* Learn to Teach the Dragon Dance with Bernie Clark (workshop 3.5 hrs - Nov. 5, 2016)
* Yin Yoga Teacher Training (part l) with Joe Barnett (Jan 2013)
* Namaskar Yoga Teacher Training Yin Yoga 18 hr module (May 2013)
* Namaskar - Yoga Nidra 18 hr module (fall 2013)
* British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association (BCRPA) Certifications: Fitness Theory and Group Fitness
* First Aid and CPR C.
I live in Courtenay, BC with my husband, and my cat, Ginny. I love being active - walking, cycling, hiking - and in addition to teaching yoga and fitness classes, I also enjoy beachcombing, climbing in the mountains, and kayaking (one of my favorite places is Tofino, B.C.).
I am currently teaching Yoga (Hatha and Yin) at The Lewis Center